Scientific Writing for Researchers:
“Mastering the Art of Clarity and Style”
31 March 2019
أسس الكتابة العلمية والنشر الدولي المميز
Scientific and medical journal editors and peer reviewers continually point out that unclear writing is one essential reason that papers are rejected, and grants are not funded. Stated another way, anything that gets between the writer’s scientific message and the reader’s comprehension of that message derails the paper or grant and upsets the reviewer.
Scientists tend to imitate the academic, obscure writing that is seen in some medical and scientific journals and in grants, attempting to impress the reader with complex, long, and unclear phrases and paragraphs.
This workshop has been designed to help investigators, in any field, understand the root of poor writing, identify red flags within their own writing style, and craft clear, concise, powerful pieces that meet the requirements of the most demanding audiences within their professional careers.
This workshop includes:
- Basic Writing Principles You Actually Know But Forgot About
- What Makes a Poor Writer? Why You Might Be Your Own Worst Enemy
- Saying More with Less: The Power of Conciseness
- How to Impress Your Readers With Less Pompous Writing
- Redundancies in Writing: Why Repetition Is Not Always a Good Thing
- Significance, Impact, Innovation: Why These Concepts are Vital to Scientific and Medical Writing
- The Power Behind an Outline: Simple to Create, Often Overlooked
- Real-life Experiences from a Seasoned Expert
- Before and After Detailed Examples: Show Which Revisions You Should Consider
- Writing Exercises to Get You on the Path to Becoming a Successful Author
- Egyptian Knowledge Bank (EKB): How to use and confiscate the EKB and benefit from it in the scientific research process.
Workshop Registration Fees for National / International Participants:
1 Oct 2018– 30 Nov 2018
1 Dec 2018– 31 Jan 2019
1 Feb 2019 – 30 Mar 2019
|Attendant||300EGP / EUR 50||350EGP / EUR 60||400EGP / EUR 70|
Click here for:
:انقر على هذا الرابط لتحميل ملف
*Workshop package includes workshop bag; workshop book (CD); Certificate of Attendance; Daily coffee breaks and Non-alcoholic drinks.
- Also, you may like to register your membership in The Euro-Mediterranean Association of Life Sciences (EMALS) society and get your certificate before the day’s over.
- Alongside that, you can get Two Certificates before the day’s over if you add up to Day charges 500 EGP/250 Euro for Foreigners to attend “ the 6thBioNat congress (BioNat-VI) titled “Euro-Mediterranean conferences of Pharma, Biomedicine, and Life Sciences” in Cairo, Egypt during 1-3 April 2019 and benefits of Conference package including Conference bag; Abstract book (CD); Certificate of Attendance; Buffet lunch; Daily coffee breaks. As attendant you can learn from the invited leaders in their fields of Pharma, Drug discovery, Medicine, Nutrition, Agriculture and Biotechnology to present their prominent findings at the same venue of Cairo, Egypt of the workshop.
Register for the workshop:
Payment Details For Scientific Writing Workshop for non-Egyptians
Bank Transfer (Outside Egypt):
|Bank Name||The National Bank of Egypt|
|Bank Address||New Bourg El-Arab, Alexandria, Egypt|
|Bank SWIFT Code||NBEGEGCX217|
|Bank SWIFT Number||217|
|Bank Account Number or IBAN Number (USD)||2173000 1401042 00017|
|Bank Account Number or IBAN Number (EURO)||2175000 1401042 00013|
Please send a scan of your bank transfer to the Conference Secretariat at Email: email@example.com
Banking Payment Instructions: The participants themselves must pay all banking charges. BioNat should receive the net amount of the participant’s grand total. Please ensure that the participant’s name, address and BioNat name, as well as the payment type (early bird, middle or late registration fees), are stated on all payment and transfer documents.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Any paid registration fees will be refunded just after April 1, 2019, according to the following rules:
|Cancellation Date||Refund Rate|
|Prior to 30 November 2018||100% (full refund)|
|1 December 2018 – 31 January 2019||50%|
|1 – 28 February 2019||25%|
|1 March 2018 onwards||No refund|
- Only one payment method is allowed to be used for participation in the workshop.
- Both the conference and the workshops are financially and organizationally independent of each other.
- The Registration fees do not include money transfer fees and bank charges (Approximately 3.5% according to the bank status) – so, please add them when making transactions (otherwise we will send you an additional Invoice for transaction costs).
- Registration fees are determined by the date of payment, NOT the date of filling out and submitting the Registration Form. Also, the fees are determined according to which category you registered.
- For accurate information on fees, please visit http://bionats.org/scientific-writing-workshop-31-march-2019/.
- An invitation letter will be issued upon payment the fees for formalities and Entry Visa requirements.
For more details:
- call us on + 01005812876
- or message on What’s App. on + 01005812876
- or just send us an E-Mail on Bionat.firstname.lastname@example.org